- Drupal group seeking to implement a Personal Data Service (PDS) solution using the open source Drupal software as a platform. See http://groups.drupal.org/personal-data-service-pds
- FOAF (Friend of a Friend Ontology) See http://labs.mondeca.com/dataset/lov/details/vocabulary_foaf.html, http://www.slideshare.net/danbri/dagstuhl-foaf-history-talk, http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/; http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-foaf/;
- Higgins Personal Data Service (PDS) http://www.eclipse.org/higgins/ and their Persona Ontology at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Persona_vocabulary
- National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace (NSTIC): http://www.nist.gov/nstic/ Quotes include:
- "Technical interoperability (including semantic interoperability) refers to the ability for different technologies to communicate and exchange data based upon well-defined and testable interface standards."
- "Identity solutions will achieve at least two types of interoperability: technical and policy-level Technical interoperability (including semantic interoperability) refers to the ability for different technologies to communicate and exchange data based upon well-defined and testable interface standards Policy- level interoperability is the ability for organizations to adopt common business policies and processes (e g , liability, identity proofing, and vetting) related to the transmission, receipt, and acceptance of data between systems."
- "In addition, identity solutions will be modular, allowing service providers to build sophisticated identity systems using smaller and simpler sub-systems."
- "The Identity Ecosystem Framework is the overarching set of interoperability standards, risk models, privacy and liability policies, requirements, and accountability mechanisms that structure the Identity Ecosystem."
- Prior attempt to start Person Ontology http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/uos-convene/2007-09/msg00000.html
- David Siegel's book Pull addresses Ontologies. See http://thepowerofpull.com/pull/foundations/ontologies
- Project Nori and the Nori PDS. See http://www.projectnori.org/
- Personal Data Ecosystem Consortium http://personaldataecosystem.org/
- World Economic Forum
- Personal Data 2.0 Conference http://www.personaldata2.net/events/index.php